Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Top Eight Reasons College Makes it Hard to Scrapbook

First of all, I would just like to say, "Hey! What's up?" I'm Jill, I'm a freshman at Boston University, and yes, I scrapbook. Am I a good scrapbooker? No, probably not by most definitions. But I love doing it, I love recording memories of my friends and family and making them look gorgeous on the page. So, I'm going to try to upload pictures of my scrapbook as it comes along. I hope everyone enjoys it.

And now, here are my Top Eight Reasons College Makes it Hard to Scrapbook:
1. They expect you to work. A lot. You can no longer push your homework aside and say hey, I can talk my teacher into letting me out of this one, I just need to get this layout done before I go crazy. Your professors don't care how pressing the issue, your homework is supposed to be done.
2. You live with your friends now. Most people live in a dorm their freshman year and become close with their floormates. While this is great, having people over 24/7 does not make for good scrapbooking.
3. There are so many new activities to do. How do you make time for scrapbooking between all of the meetings and all of the homework?
4. There is no space for your scrapbook stuff. I have mine way up in the top of my closet where I can't reach it. Which means I have to risk my life scaling the closet walls every time I need to grab something.
5. College parties aren't much to scrapbook about. In high school you had school events, 80's day, Prom, Homecoming, etc. And there were embellishments for that. There are no embellishments for "My First Frat Party".
6. There's no space to spread out and work. My desk barely fits my computer, nevermind two 12x2 sheets.
7. Many college students are afraid of scrapbooking. They don't think it's cool. You have another thing coming you guys. Scrapbooking is awesome.
8. College students are poor. We live off of dollar food and our meal plans. And occasionally $20 that gets thrown our way when we go home for the weekend.

So this was supposed to be the top 10 reasons however, I started this post too late and I now have to head off to my lecture. I'll debunk these reasons (and help myself stop procrastinating my pages) later.

Hope everyone has a scraptastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment