Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Regina Spektor

Last night I went to the Regina Spektor concert at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston. Let me tell you she was the most talented, amazing woman I have ever seen perform in my life. While she seemed nervous and shy and didn't have much stage presence/audience interaction (no one danced), the Orpheum is a rather large venue and it's seating only, which I suppose does make it difficult for dancing. But back to Regina. Not only was her voice more beautiful in person than it was on the CD, she played an instrument for almost every song, including simultaneously slapping a chair with a drumstick (?), playing the piano, and singing. If that's not talent, I don't know what is. Her awesomeness left me awestruck.

Have a Scraptastic Day!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment